I feel so alone and isolated — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel so alone and isolated

ladytj
ladytj Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have a few ailments which limits my mobility and I’m in constant pain. I’m a widower nearly 3 years which I’m still coming to terms with. I suffer with servere depression which has taken a toll for the worse leaving me having psychotic episodes. Even tho I have 4 adult children and 6 grandchildren I feel so alone and isolated but at the same time suffer panic attacks and don’t like leaving the house. I would to make new friends and have a bit of a social life. X

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @ladytj and welcome to the community.
    Does sound as if you're having a tough time, and I hope the community will be able to make it a little more bearable.
    Unhappily, one doesn't need to be 'alone' to feel lonely, and we can feel lonely in the middle of the biggest and most well-meaning crowd. I suspect it has something to do with a need to communicate something - something we ourselves may still be struggling to identify - but which for some reason there is just no right person around to share it with. My first wife left within 18 months of the death of our little girl and there was just so much of our handicapped daughter's life and death that I was unable to share with anybody.
    You can chat with me, if it would help, and I'm sure you'll find plenty of others on here. You might want to check out the 'Coffee lounge' https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge and some of the other areas of community chat.
    Here and listening,
    warmest best wishes to you
    Richard

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Hi @ladytj, and welcome to the community! It's great to have you here.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're finding things tough at the moment. As Richard mentioned, we have lots of friendly community members who are always up for a chat, and I hope this will be a supportive and kind environment for you. If you feel like you need support from a professional but don't feel you can leave the house, you may also like to check out these mental health helplines.

Hope you have a lovely day, and I look forward to talking more with you soon!

Brightness