Husband is terminally ill, what can we claim for? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Husband is terminally ill, what can we claim for?

Options
jaxbryant
jaxbryant Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi
My husband is terminally ill 
All we claim for is his state pension attendance allowance carers allowance and council tax reduction
What else can we claim for

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @jaxbryant, welcome to the community.

Have you had a look at our benefits calculator? It could help you find out if there is anything else you can claim.

I hope this helps, please do let me know if there's any other way we can help.
  • jaxbryant
    jaxbryant Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou 
    I will try all of these
    Much appreciated 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jaxbryant I am so sorry to hear this, how are you both doing? 

There is some information here about claiming PIP if you are terminally ill.

It must be a really tough time for you both, are you getting any emotional support? There are lots of groups for people who are going through this and it may help you to be able to talk to others who understand?

Let us know if there is anything we can help with, thinking of you at this difficult time.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sam_Scope said:
    Hi @jaxbryant I am so sorry to hear this, how are you both doing? 

There is some information here about claiming PIP if you are terminally ill.

It must be a really tough time for you both, are you getting any emotional support? There are lots of groups for people who are going through this and it may help you to be able to talk to others who understand?

Let us know if there is anything we can help with, thinking of you at this difficult time.

Jaxbryant's husband already has a claim for Attendence Allowance, which means they are over the age for claiming PIP. Even for a terminal illness.

A person can claim a disability benefit (high rate) if the terminal illness diagnosis is 6 months or less. If this is the case for the OP's hisband then they wll need to contact AA and have their GP fill out a form.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.