ESA &PENSION — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA &PENSION

unicorn1066
unicorn1066 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I GET ESA AT 188.00 Per week I have a private pension of 74.88 a month which is 18.72 per week can someone help me as I’m having 41.47 a week taken off my esa which is being reduced to 146.53 but they are taking more than I’m getting in pension surely this can’t be right 

Comments

• unicorn1066
    I’m in the support group as am severely disabled it is ESA contributory I have no other income .
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi @unicorn1066  

If there's no other reason for the deduction then it may well just be a clerical error on the part of the DWP - it happens. The amount is confusing though, as although some pensions have 10.00 disregarded, that still would not give that figure even if they thought the payments were weekly!

You need to challenge this decision. If it was made in the last year, send in a Mandatory Reconsideration with evidence of your pension and bank statements (to show no other pensions) and they should change the decision. If it's been going on longer than that, then a complaint, with the same evidence and asking them to rectify the issue.

If there is something going on that you're unaware of they will soon let you know!

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• unicorn1066
    Thank you I will get back to them tomorrow will let you now the out come 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.