pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip

jellybean
jellybean Community member Posts: 5 Listener
i have read in the news all pip claims are being assesed i am waiting to go to appeal tribunal , does anyone know due to the changes will i still have to go to court, i was on dla high rate but had this reduced to middle rate, had to hand back my car, i have copd, colitis, angina, arthritis, had most my bowel removed due to bowel cancer, 

Comments

• alexa77
    alexa77 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Of cours you still have to go to tribunal . It's happened to me last year i was higher rate and after medical visit they just stopped everything i've done appeal i've to cab they're really good they help me a lot . The tribunal was 3 months after that i remembered i had surgery 2 weeks before when i attempted there.  They're nice it was quick . Good luck
  • jellybean
    thank you, i have been waiting since august last year for my court date, and told today it will be another 25 weeks, the stress of this is killing me, the cab have filled my forms in for me and yes they are very helpful , did you win your appeal.
  • alexa77
    alexa77 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Why is it taking so long because i remember they stopped min in september after income support said they lost my complain that's why i decided to go to cab so when we filled the form i think it was taking 2 months and after that get the date . I've been there in February.  I won but they give 2 years so after that i'm sure i'm gonna have another medical assessment we'll see . You know my health become worst so ..
    Be prepaire for tribunal they gonna ask tricky questions . If you need help let me know. 

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jellybean, great username! Welcome to the community. Do keep us updated with your assessment. I'm so sorry to hear that it's causing you stress- if there's anything we can advise you on, do let us know.
  • jellybean
    i phoned court several times they first told me 20 weeks, then just before christmas they told me 30 weeks, i phoned yesterday and they said 45 weeks, they have had my claim for 20 weeks so another 25 weeks to wait, i cant beleive its taking so long, i just hope it will be worth the stress,
  • jellybean
    i have had advice from cab but they dont offer representation, so dont know who would represent me, 
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    i am due a review but have found out on my origonal claim the acesser was not reg  till a year after my acessmant???  now i am trying to deal with it plus the lies she put on originol form  capita are one big head ache
  • DaveDee
    DaveDee Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Does a Health Professional have to read through the submitted paperwork sent in with application, before starting the assessment?
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    HCP's are supposed to review medical evidence prior to completing their report.
    In practice, if you have submitted a lot of evidence, a summary sheet detailing exactly what evidence relates to specific descriptors is a good idea.
    If you were an assessor, with 8-10 claims per day, could you realistically read 150 pages of evidence for each claimant ?

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    HCP's are supposed to review medical evidence prior to completing their report.
    In practice, if you have submitted a lot of evidence, a summary sheet detailing exactly what evidence relates to specific descriptors is a good idea.
    If you were an assessor, with 8-10 claims per day, could you realistically read 150 pages of evidence for each claimant ?

CR 
    no if i did i could not earn in acess of 800a day

• jellybean
    my assessor told me she was a nurse, but had to ask me what a mitral valve prolapse was, she also lied saying in her report i refused to be examined ., on the day she said she would not examin me as she could see i was in pain, i really cant believe they are getting away with what they are doing, i am 68 now and just hope i am still around for my appeal.

Brightness