Discriptor E mobility part — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Discriptor E mobility part

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 215 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi doubt if anybody will know the answer to this but my mums decision was made yesterday so it's now on its way . Descriptor E for mobility part was ticked on the report can not take a journey alone phycological stress.So will DWP go with that Discriptor now the new rules are back or will they put it on hold and look back on it later. Thanks.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi @Budgie2, I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to this myself, but wanted to wish you all the best. I really hope your mum gets the outcome you're hoping for! 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @PippaScope yes i know its difficult question isnt it , well i will let you all know if they did agree on it .thankyou 
  • xxgaynorxx
    xxgaynorxx Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options
    My report was ticked E anf decision maker went with it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My report was ticked E anf decision maker went with it.
    I I don't know much about this changeover so your decision  was when they was going with the mental health before or recently changed over ? Sorry 
  • xxgaynorxx
    Options
    My decision was in 2016 just before the government went against mental health and changed the descriptors.. But now the governments decision has recently been change back to the original descriptors.
  • xxgaynorxx
    Options
    I assume your mums decision will let us all know what descriptors the DWP are actually using. Although it SHOULD be the original ones (hopefully)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
     Ha i see now Yes I hope so I'm let ppl know .Thankyou
  • Fight4Justice
    Fight4Justice Community member Posts: 63 Pioneering
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I think I'm potentially in the same boat as you guys.

In my 2016 tribunal, I was awarded the following for "Planning and Following Journeys" under the old system.

d) Cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance, dog or orientation aid.

This was then changed to (Feb/Mar 2017):

d) For reasons other than psychological distress, cannot follow the route of an unfamiliar journey without another person, assistance dog or orientation aid.

This directly hits me as I have Asperger's syndrome. And I refuse to go anywhere unfamiliar unless either a support worker, or one of my parents accompanies me.

I will find out after I take my reassessment, and receive my decision, whether the rules have in fact been changed back to the original ones, or not. I will of course update this forum with the outcome. So others with MH issues awarded option "d)", under the old system, that are going through reassessments, might know what to expect, and prepare accordingly.

The sceptic in me, thinks, they're trying to rush through as many reassessments as possible, right now i.e. take the PIP away. Then clog up the tribunal process when we're all appealing their decisions. I hope that's not the case. But I wouldn't put it past them.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Fight4Justice Hi yes it's so confusing what they are going to use at present .
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Got mums decision she was awarded descriptor E 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.