Hi, my name is daddysam! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is daddysam!

daddysam
daddysam Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi new to this. Any guidance appreciated. 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daddysam and welcome to the community. I'm relatively new at this too, but I'm finding it surprisingly easy to get around.
    Perhaps you could tell us a little more about yourself and the issues you are facing? It will be easier, then, to point you in the direction of the best resources.
    And don't hesitate to ask any questions. You are among friends here.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @daddysam
    Welcome to the community, we have a how to guide here that explains all about the community.  Is there anything specifically that you need guidance on?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • daddysam
    Just a bit of info on what it's all about really. As I have mobility issues trying to find any help out there in finding some new crutches. As someone stole mine from my front door. Why I have no clue but really struggling to locate some 
  • JennysDad
    edited February 2018
    Hi, @daddysam
    Some people will take anything that's not screwed down, won't they? My son's partner recently had her wheelchair stolen. The mind boggles.
    Will the people - presumably medical services - who supplied the original crutches not replace them? Failing that, I've found an online supplier who can get basic ones to you for around £18 including VAT https://www.essentialaids.com/mobility/crutches-crutch-accessories.html if that is of any use to you.

The opening paragraph of the how to guide that @Sam_Scope refers to says this, and it's pretty comprehensive: "Scope’s online community is a place where disabled people, parents, carers and those who work with disabled children and adults can come to discuss all topics relating to disability. You can ask questions, share your experiences and get much needed support with any issues you currently face."

Hope that helps? Don't hesitate to ask.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• daddysam
    Thank you very much. Yes been trying original physio department for replacement left messages. Been told call back and left hanging on hold for 30 mins to be cut off. Useless at the moment. But I will try that link now thank you very much
  • JennysDad
    Hi @daddysam

Good to hear from you. It just occurred to me - unfortunately too late in the day today to be much use - that my local borough council provides things like crutches, bath aids and the like. Might be worth checking out the website of your own local council?
    I do hope you're coping.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

Brightness