bipolar and benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

bipolar and benefits

Options
ali1962
ali1962 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
dies any one have any experience of claiming Pip with a bipolar diagnosis?

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @ali1962, welcome to the community!

Hopefully some of our members can provide some personal advice and experience. For more general information about what to expect and how to prepare, have you also had a look at our information about PIP? 

Please get in touch if you have any questions!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • namaste
    namaste Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi Ali I was awarded PIP for bipolar in August last year. I will answer any questions you have as best I can. 
  • allrog
    allrog Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi Ali
    Ally here! Yes I receive pip and have a diagnosis of bipolar.  I should have asked for a mandatory reconsideration as some stuff was ignored but foolish you I was just relieved that I had actually got it.
    If I can be of any help let me know. Ally 
  • charlene
    charlene Community member Posts: 555 Pioneering
    Options
    My daughter is Bipolar and was recently called in for assessment.  Sure she said she got high care, has carers going in 7 days a week. She was pleased to get low mobility as last time she was assessed  here mobility element was taken away.
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
  • faizaan1998
    faizaan1998 Scope Member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    ali1962 said:
    Hi Yes I do I suffer from Bipolar Disorder and receive PIP which has given me access to other benefits. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,014 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ali1962 said:
    Hi Yes I do I suffer from Bipolar Disorder and receive PIP which has given me access to other benefits. 

You've commented on a thread that's 5 years old and the member hasn't been active in all that time.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.