How long — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long

freckles
freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
How long does it take for a MR decision to be made i sent mine in on 31st of jan i did it because i was awarded enhanced rate on my last two pip awards bit this time only standard 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello Freckles

Generally it takes around 4-6 weeks for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) to be made. If successful, and enhanced rate daily living is awarded you will be awarded this rate from the original date of renewal claim.

When requesting an MR a decision maker can also consider if the award that you currently receive is correct.  That is a decision maker can increase your award, keep it at the same rate, or in rare circumstances take your award away.

You probably know that you need to score at least 12 points to be awarded enhanced rates of PIP. How many points did you receive? Have you identified the extra number of points (via the PIP descriptors) that you think you should have been awarded? 

Maria
    The Benefits Training Co:

• freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Hi  maria could you send me an email address then i can forward the descriptors to you thankyou

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.