Help with my pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help with my pip appeal

Options
red_devil
red_devil Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had ongoing pip claim for enhanced daily living rates  from 2014 to 18 june 2017. In August 2016 i received a letter about a medical assessment in birmingham but still i live in wolverhampton and in atos report from 2014 i have difficulties on public transport especially in unfamiliar places and would need assistance i asked them for home apppointment which i was told was accept and dwp would send my files back to medical assessor so when i received two further letters in oct 2016 and nov 2016 i fone up Capita (as ive now moved back to my home town from sheffield where i had 1st appointment) both times of receiving letters and Capita told me they'll send files to dwp and they'll decide what happens next. I didnt heard nothing else from Capita or dwp again so at the  beginning of june 2017 when i didnt hear anything and i started to get worked about whats gonna happen when my claim ended in couple of weeks time i contacted dwp on 5th june 2017 and during that call i was shocked to be that the dates they had on their system about my end date was significantly longer then 18th june 2017 i was told so when i asked her for date she said she cant telle and someone would have to fone me back, couple of hours later on the 5th june 2017 i got call back and i was told my PIP benefit had been extended to 16 November 2022! I told her i hadnt received an entitlement to benefit so can i have letter sent out in post which she agree to do straight away. The next day i get another call from dwp stating the information i was gave by two different dwp advisors yesterday was wrong and im no longer entitled to pip because of an appointment i missed seven month previously, through i did ask for home appointment and i wasnt told i had been refused.. i believe dwp had done paper-base report when they couldn't facilitate home appointment for whatever reason and now theyve stopped my pip claim and my carer who cant help without cares allowance they were getting. if i didnt get in contact with them on 05 june i wouldve keep getting pip until 2022, if anything can give me abit of advice please about if theres anything i can do, i have been in touch with ICE in August 2017 but there saying they cant get back to me until December 2018 which i think is unreasonable timeframe to expect someone to wait, will it be something a tribuneral will look at aswell as this "missed appointment" or is there any other organisation that would be able to help me, ive got Aspergers depression and anxiety and ive not long moved out off supported accommodation to live independently and without my carer support not sure how much longer ill be able to cope for 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @red_devil, and welcome to the community!

Goodness, what a frustrating situation. I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences and that you have to wait so long to communicate with ICE. Hopefully a benefits advisor will be able to advise you further with this ASAP.

Are you looking to put in another PIP application in the meantime? 
  • red_devil
    Options
    Well im being told i cant put new claim in until ive heard from tribuneral, i did have a date set for 01/01/2018 but that tribunal got adjourned because their was only one person sat on panel and their meant to be three so waiting for new date to be set.. would i still have to make a new claim considering i was told my claim dont run out until November 2022? My head all over place to be honest kept getting told different things by different people so dont know wether im coming or going
  • red_devil
    Options
    Sorry tribunal date was meant to be 10/01/2018 and already had to wait six months for that 1st date so god knows how long next ones gonna take and wasnt even my fault, tribunal services had all the right paperwork.. i only know now that has to be three people for pip case, i honestly think they make it hard for people on purpose
  • red_devil
    Options
    Ok thanks ive got appointment with my local mp this friday so hope they might be able to help get tribuneral date. Its just stressful its just another thing to constantly worrying about it 
  • red_devil
    Options
    I was told my fast will be fast tracked since its was tribunal mistake but i fink they just tell u what why think u wonna hear just 2 get rid of u, id just rather know the truth personally
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi red devil,

The Tribunals Service may fit you in if they get a cancellation somewhere but that's as much of a fast track that I'm aware of. As Mike says you can put a new claim in but if you do it will mean that any decision a tribunal makes will be limited to end the day before your new claim begins. Unless your condition has got a lot worse I don't think you should consider a new claim at this stage.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.