Is There Any Home Improvement Grants For Mobility Available — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is There Any Home Improvement Grants For Mobility Available

Options
sandraM
sandraM Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
Hi, I am struggling financially to pay the fees incurred with having to move home.  These fees have eaten into my budget. I still haven't found another home yet but worry how I can pay to adapt it if all my funds are depleted by purchasing a home in area I'm ok with moving  to rather than me having to move to an undesirable area which I would be scared to do.

Is there any mobility grants available if its not a council house. For example to install a wet room rather than try stepping into a bath.

Thanks!

Comments

• Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @sandraM

I'm not a benefits advisor, but I have found this information about disabled facilities grants which might useful. I hope this helps!
  • sandraM
    sandraM Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you @Lasian_Scope.

Looks like more hoops to jump through and involves social work.  Another day in the office then.  I'm really sickened with all this upheaval I'm having to go through while others are sitting happily rent free.
  • JCTaylor
    JCTaylor Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi sorry to hear of your financial situation. Hope this helps. I contacted my local adult social services who assessed my health disabilities I was a signed occupational therapist through them I applied for grant from my local authority to have my bathroom refurbished which was awarded after filling out finances assesment. They completed the work December 2017. I live in rented property via local housing. My aunty owned her own house had her bathroom done. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.