Winter fuel payments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Winter fuel payments

Options
emmrald
emmrald Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi for the past four years I have got  the winter fuel of 140.00 but nothing's changed I'm still in a wheelchair and no chance to change it could you find out if I can have one

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @emmrald, and welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I don't have a specific answer to your question, but I'm sure we'll be able to find the answer.
    I checked on the internet and found this on qualifying, from the UK Govt site: 
    Eligibility. You qualify for a Winter Fuel Payment if both the following apply: you were born on or before 5 August 1953. you'll be living in the UK for at least one day during the week of 18 to 24 September 2017 - this is called the 'qualifying week'.
    If this doesn't answer your question sufficiently, try the link to the 'What benefits am I entitle to?' forum and have a look there:
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/what-benefits-am-i-entitled-to-
    Others will be along in due course who will know more about this than I do, so hang on in with us 
    :)
    Best wishes to you,
    Richard 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi emmrald and welcome

Are you refering to winter fuel or warm homes scheme ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.