Benefits — Scope | Disability forum


Hi can anyone tell me if there is any other benefits you can claim other than housing benefit whilst in receipt off esa support group thx


  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Donna122
    if you are in support group esa you may be able to claim Personal Independance Payments If you have physical or mental health problems I would advise you to contact your local jobcentre for advice.If you are not comfortable with this try CAB for further help.
    There is also a benefits calculator on the Benefits and Work website.
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,452 Disability Gamechanger
    You may be able to get council tax relief, if awarded PIP you can get a blue badge also if you are claimed certain benefits the larger power companies run a warm front scheme where if you meet the criteria a £140 is credited to your electric bill account.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.