Terrible PIP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Terrible PIP appeal

Options
Alison68
Alison68 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone just joined after a terrible experience at a PIP appeal.
I didn’t get a chance to explain my situation,it was quick fire questions and rather aggressive doctor.
I took medical evidence and a solicitor and we were both cut off when tried to explain things.
I was transferring from DLA to PIP.  (Been on DLA both components for 16 years.
I really couldn’t cope with this adversarial attitude which seemed designed to make you feel the under dog.
conclusion they said they didn’t believe me,horrendous.

Comments

• emmrald
    emmrald Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Options
    Alison I'm so sorry you've had such a hard time I went to an assessment for pips imagine I'm in wheelchair sastaind injures were couldn't walk again the lady was assessing me said I'm wasting your time even I know from meeting you you have a lot of problems don't give up get yourself an advocate who will go through my friend waited for her benefits for 8 months consequently she got all her pip back pay and all pips that she was owed hope this help you can also go to citisan advice bureau they have a legal team also you could go to the paper's tell them what happend good luck sue
  • Alison68
    Alison68 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thank you  emerald,I had a solicitor with me at appeal and the doctor was raising her voice at him saying I don’t know what you are talking about.
    Even he was taken aback went bright red and said I am trying to explain.
    I felt we couldn’t have done anymore as the consultants ,GPS and research nurses letters were disregarded as me asking them to write what I wanted.
    All I need is time to explain in my own words but shot down.
    I am still in shock.

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Alison68 and welcome to the community. Good to have you with us.
    I see post after post from people who have had a similar experience to yours and it is sickening, but I'm hoping we can help.
    I am going to put in a link here to the 'Talk about PIP/DLA' forum, which contains a lot of information and where I am sure you will find many in similar circumstances to talk to.
    In the meantime, if there is anything you want to say or to ask about, just don't hesitate.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.