Dwp are going back to Nov 2016 assessing claimants claims will i miss out as I was Oct 2016? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp are going back to Nov 2016 assessing claimants claims will i miss out as I was Oct 2016?

Hopojane
Hopojane Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys.. I'm a new comer so please be patient with me

Comments

• Han_Solo
    Han_Solo Community member Posts: 114 Courageous
    Hello and welcome. I am also new here. Good luck to you in 2018.
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hopojane and welcome to the community. Happily, we have new people arriving every day so you're not alone. I'm actually quite new here myself.
    So, if you feel you can, tell us a little more about yourself and how you are.
    Looking forward to getting to know you,
    Best,
    Richard
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hopojane

Good Evening & Welcome.

Please please have a good look around.

If there is anything that I can help/support you with please please let me know.

Many Thanks.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hopojane
    Welcome to the community :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Hopojane
    Hi there Sam.
    I have a question it may take me a bit to write tho,I find it difficult with my hands with my arthritis so i'll do it now ,thanks for your patience Jane x
  • danny24
    danny24 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Same here I have trouble  writing some days I drop my cup of tea . Bust so may cups lately 
  • Hopojane
    Ok..with the dwp/goverment assessing claimants that put in for the mobility rate and was refused being discriminated against mental health conditions (which I was) what I was inquiring about is will the people who didn't get it still be assessed ,or is it only the people that got the standard rate but was entitled to the higher rate..?
    l've been receiving pip standard living rate since October 2016,do you know if I could be included in that assessment.  Being refused myself i'd given them my full history 25years regards to my mental illness when applying for pip.When i was assessed the assessor had said I didn't appear to be anxious I could communicate gave eye contact and seem to be well and comparative.
    How can they judge my mental state by sitting in a room answering questions,I felt totally dismissed and discriminated about my mental illness .
    So because dwp are going as far back as November 2016 assessing claimants claims will i miss out with me receiving my pip benefit in the October 2016.
    Hope you understand I'm terrible at this kind of thing I can't put a sentences together as well as spell. Thanks for your time I appreciate any info. Jane x
  • Hopojane
    Does anyone reply on here
  • JennysDad
    Hello @Hopojane. Good to hear from you, and sorry if you seem to have been kept waiting. The community is probably suffering from a touch of 'weekenditis'.
    I'm not an expert on this particular subject but I'm hoping I can get your post directed to one and, in the meantime, you might like to have a look at the links under Employment, finances and disability benefits.
    I'm going to try to put them in here for you:
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/benefits-and-finances
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/what-benefits-am-i-entitled-to-
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/talk-about-pip-dla
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-benefits-advisor
    I notice there are some very new posts and guides in most of these, so they're worth a look.
    Nobody, Jane (hope that's right) understands the mentality of the people doing some of these assessments or quite how they get away with doing what they do. Believe me, you are one of very many people here who has been subjected to this unnecessary trauma.
    Please let me know if the links help and do keep in touch.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• JennysDad
    Not sure how things get posted on one's wall I tried to respond to your post a couple of days ago, but I'm not sure if you received it. I thought I'd copy this to you in case you hadn't seen it yet. Hope you are okay.

RichardVR
    Hi Jane @Hopojane and thank you for the message. I got an email to say you had 'written on my wall' and I'm so new to this that it took me ages to find it :) It is lovely to hear from you.
    Except that stories like your own are far too frequent, that the benefits system is being corrupted by the people who are supposed to be running it for public benefit, I don't know very much about the actual benefits myself. I have claimed benefits in the past, but so long ago that it is no longer relevant.
    My heart goes out to you, but that's of little practical help I know :)
    Reading what you've written, I think the best thing to do would be for you to contact Scope's benefit advisor
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-benefits-advisor
    Now, I don't see an 'insert link' tool here, so I can't be certain this link is going to work. If it doesn't, scroll down to the bottom of the page and on the right hand side of the purple band you'll see a list of links under Employment, finances and disability benefits. The benefits advisor is last on the list and you might find the other links useful too.
    I'm going to 'flag' your message to the administrators of the site because it is possible that they might be able to move it for you into the benefits advisor area. I will take advice on it, anyway, and if there's a way of getting your message to the best place without you having to write it all out again I will find it.
    I hope some of this helps? I will certainly go on trying.
    Warmest best wishes - and hugs, if allowed,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Hopojane, and welcome to the community! I've moved this post into our PIP/DLA category, where our members are more likely to see it and be able to offer some advice.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.