Hi, my name is Anita - PIP struggles — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Anita - PIP struggles

Options
AnitaGreen
AnitaGreen Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello there. Obviously I have just signed up. I am disabled and have been since I was 11, I am now (sadly!) 51!! I hope to become involved in the community once I have my bearings. After transferring to PIP in March 2016, I have had nothing but issues, none of which were my fault. Sigh... awaiting yet another review decision.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @AnitaGreen, and welcome! Great to have you here. 

Sorry to hear about your PIP struggles, is there anything we can help you with at the moment? Do keep us updated with your review!
  • AnitaGreen
    AnitaGreen Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks @PippaScope, I will definitely keep you updated. For now, it is a waiting game. Under DLA I had it for life, as I have no less than 6 completely separate medical conditions, 4 rare, 1 common and, 1 so rare it has no formal name and there have been less than 1000 cases worldwide, ever! None are curable, all chronic. Yet, I am being reviewed a year early out of the blue. I lost out with regards personal care, and was actually frightened off from appealing by the PIP advisor who said I could lose everything. Obviously I now know that was idiotic, but I fell apart and still remain on the lesser award for care. 

Feels good just just getting this out. Thank you!
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this with us @AnitaGreen, as you say just talking things through can help sometimes! For what it's worth, I know that many of our other members have had similar experiences and had much better outcomes after reviews and appeals. Fingers crossed!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.