awarded higher rate — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

awarded higher rate

Options
lebabes219
lebabes219 Community member Posts: 28 Listener
Hi all i'm new here and hoping someone could shed some light on to my award. I have been awarded the higher rate of mobility and nothing at all for daily living! I assumed that if you get one you got the other! Has anybody else had same issue? i am planning on appealing against daily living decision....

Comments

• Fight4Justice
    Fight4Justice Community member Posts: 63 Pioneering
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I once had Enhanced Daily Living taken away from me at a PIP Reassessment. They let me keep my Standard Mobility. I appealed, didn't get anything at Mandatory Reconsideration. But my Daily Living went from 6 to 15 at the Tribunal, giving me my enhanced rate back. Definitely worth appealing. It's something like 66% of appeals get won by the claimant at Tribunal. It's the waiting list that's the annoying part. I had to wait 5 months for my Tribunal.
  • lebabes219
    Options
    so you can be awarded mobility without daily living then.. do you still get the the payments you have been awarded while the appeal is going on?
  • lebabes219
    Options
    being awarded the mobility rate entitles me to other benefits im not sure if i should claim for these or wait  
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    Go on ghsn what othdr benefits 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

Have a look at the B&W self test to see where you should score DL points

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @lebabes219 Yes you can get mobility without daily living if that is how DWP have awarded you. You can claim the other benefits anytime after your decision letter is received because that's what you use to claim them. If anything changed later on it probably won't affect the mobility award but you do need to be aware that any further review of your claim can technically affect what you've already got but doesn't usually if your current award is based on strong evidence. For the MR go through the PIP descriptors and choose the ones you think best apply to you, write a letter based on this with references throughout to any evidence you have to support each one. If you don't have evidence think how you could get some, I.e. from whoever knows your problems preferably medical but can be OT's, physios, carers or family and friends. Though the latter is the weakest evidence. If they are ignoring the evidence tell them what they're missing. You can ring and speak to a case manager and chat about why you didn't get DL and what evidence they need to change the award.    
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Options
    I didnt put those odd letters in theres odd stuff on this web site.
    Anyone know why we didnt get the £25 cold payment after all this snow wev had for months
  • lebabes219
    Options
    hi i have been on benefits and work site pip test and i should be entitled to higher rate on daily living, i score 38..!
  • lebabes219
    Options
    am waiting for my assessment report
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You need to check your post code

https://www.gov.uk/cold-weather-payment

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lebabes219
    Options
    i have uncontrolled epilepsy, which means i have to be supervised 24 hours a day due to risk of harm. sometimes resulting with me being in a coma for weeks at a time , will be really interesting to see how the assessor has reported this

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lebabes219 .

Yes, you continue to receive the award you have been given while you are awaiting your mandatory reconsideration (MR) and then Appeal Hearing if necessary.  You are entitled to additional benefits with your current award so you might as claim them.

MR and Tribunal will re-consider your mobility award as well but if you think this is safe from reduction or removal, go ahead and appeal.
  • lebabes219
    Options
    thank you all for your replies. i have completed a benefits checker but still a little confused. I am already receiving ESA in the support group, the calculator is saying im also entitled to universal credit and council tax benefit, is the universal credit award aswell as my esa payment or does it take its place?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.