My PIP was reduced last year — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP was reduced last year

littleemily
littleemily Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had a pip review a asessment July last year, was changed to pip from ESA in 2015 for multiple health problems including sight loss in one eye. The first pip assessment was with a doctor the second was at my home ( not requested  ) where I wasn' allowed to answer her questions properly, she only did the grip test,  went out came back and did a cursory eye test.I then received a notification to say my pip was being cut they had taken away my mobility allowance for stress and anxiety when travelling (I hardly go anywhere) it said I was perfectly capable of driving on my own and nothing bad was going to happen! Also that she had observed me walking normally ( I never left the chair)! I was very upset at the lies told by the assessor but didn't appeal for fear of them removing my pip altogether. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.