Empty nest syndrome — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Empty nest syndrome

endo64
endo64 Community member Posts: 20 Pioneering

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @endo64, and welcome! Would you like to tell us some more about yourself?
  • endo64
    I'm 54 year young, a disabled parent and only care provider for my youngest son who has Cerebral Palsy due to cot death syndrome, has psychosis and is on the Autism spectrum. He has just moved into his own home and I am beginning my empty next syndrome phase which I am finding difficult mental health wise especially as I am a high functioning Asperger Individual. I joined your site to look for help in what happens next towards "MY LIFE CHANGES"   
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Thanks for sharing this with us @endo64, it sounds like you're experiencing a lot of changes at the moment! I really hope you find this community helpful- we have lots of friendly members who are always willing to listen or have a chat, so do check out our recent discussions and coffee lounge if you're feeling lonely. 

If there's anything we can help you out with, please do let us know, and I look forward to chatting with you further! 
  • endo64
    Hi there are so many things that I need help with that I don't know where to start. having done everything myself without help all these years especially as a single parent I feel as though I have rolled from one nightmare into the next and just kept my head down hoping that one day the storm would be over. know I think I'm frightened to put my head up and look incase the wind takes it off. if that makes sense at all. 

thank you for your PIP assessment link I completed it and scored 13 so I have just called DWP to start that process off. I have been surviving on carers allowance and income support and trying to get into work or back into learning. 

work lasted 3 days when I collapsed and was rushed to hospital. the anxiety and panic were too much as was the noise so my system crashed so I need to work on my self confidence and ability to function i think.

you wouldn't believe that I have many qualifications, but when the PTSD takes control over the Asperger it  fries my brain and panic tales over and I run for cover.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Hi again @endo64. It must be really tough being a single parent, especially when you're also caring for your child. You might like to have a chat with @devondweller and @deva87 who have mentioned being single parents before on the forum. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience at work too. I'm glad you've begun your PIP application process, it sounds like the benefit could be really helpful for you and I really hope you get the outcome you're hoping for. If you need any guidance with this, just let us know!

Brightness