Whipple's resection, COPD, atrial fibrillation, depression - ESA saying I am fit for work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Whipple's resection, COPD, atrial fibrillation, depression - ESA saying I am fit for work

Options
jennie63
jennie63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hello everybody.
I have had a lot of medical probems over the years at the moment on basic ESA I have been to the local disability advice centre they helped me do my forms that was before christmas and have not heard anything at all from ESA. 
had breast cancer in 2006 left mastectomy followed by chemo and radiotherapy. 2012 had pancreatic cancer was given a whipples resection was given  6 months to live. with the whipples  resection I am in constant pain with my syomach. have polysistic kidney diease. COPD was diagnosed with A.F atrial fibrillation and now DDD which was told today, and the ESA will not leave me alone I am waiting to have to go to a medical I think that what is they are going to do.. suffer fom depression and loneliness and tomorrow it will be 6 years since my eldest son Drren died he was 35. he took an overdose of paracetamol through depression and I had a baby fron 1 to 21 and from 21 to 35 a comnpletely different child he was severely brain damaged but with all my problems ESA keep on saying I am fit for work. 

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jennie63, and a warm welcome to the community. I'm just the first person to see your post, and there will be others responding who know far more about some of these issues than I do, so I just wanted to say hi and bid you welcome.
    You have certainly had a tough time.
    This is a safe place and you are among friends. Don't be shy of telling us about yourself or, in particular, of asking any questions you may have.
    You might like to look at some of the links in the purple area lower down the screen.
    Like yourself, I have lost a child, and I know there is probably nothing worse in life than that. I've had 25 years to grow accustomed to the fact, and you've had only six. Nothing much I can say will do much to make that easier but, if it helps to talk about it, I'm here and listening.
    Other members will be be replying to you in due course - there are a lot of good people and resources here. I hope very much that we will be able to help you.
    Warmest best wishes to you, Jennie.
    Richard
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @jennie63

I'm so sorry to hear what you have gone through, and how hard today must be for you. As @RichardVR suggested, we are here to support you and want you to feel comfortable on the community.

I have moved this post to our Employment issues, finances and ESA group so that members can offer their advice. Are you getting any face to face support?

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jennie63, I also wanted to offer my condolences. I hope you know that you're among friends here, and that we have plenty of friendly community members who are always up for a chat. If there's anything we can help you out with, please let us know, and do keep us updated with your ESA application. I hope today is as kind as possible to you.
  • jennie63
    jennie63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options

hi everybody I have a health assessment  in the morning to see if I am fit for work. had the disability advice centre ring me and I told them I have a assessment in the morning that have advice me to take somebody with me if possible. can anybody give me some advice for tomorrow.

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello Jennie, @jennie63

I'm hoping others will respond soon since your assessment is tomorrow. It's not something I know a lot about, but I did look it up on the Citizens Advice Bureau site and the answers look as if they will be useful to you. They do say you can take someone with you, and recommend it.
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/help-with-your-esa-claim/esa-medical-assessment/
    Perhaps you could have a look at this and get back to us if it doesn't adequately answer your questions or if there are other questions you wish to ask. I will be checking in up to quite late this evening.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.