3 weeks for MRI scan results — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

3 weeks for MRI scan results

alexb123a
alexb123a Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi All :)

I had an MRI scan almost 3 weeks ago, its was for what could be a serious problem. I left it a week after the scan for the results to get to the doctors. I have now called everyday for a week to get the results, on one occasion I informed I had concerns that my condition had gotten significantly worse. 

However, I still don't have the results. Would people agree this is ground for a complaint?

Thanks

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alex123a

Welcome to our online community.

It’s great to meet you this afternoon.

I’m very sorry to hear that you are having these problems.

Can you please let me know what was said at your MRI Scan ????

Did they give you any dates???

Sorry but is it the “gp” that you are chasing or is it the “hospital”

Can you please give me some more info & I will see what I can do for you!!!!!!

Thanks.
  • alexb123a
    alexb123a Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi, thanks for the reply. At the scan they didn't really say anything other than get the results from the GP.  But it was an urgent scan,  within 2  days of attending the GP sugery, unless thats normal. im now waiting for the GP to look at the results, I know the results have been at the surgery for more than a week. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alexb123a, and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about this, I know the waiting period can be really difficult and I'm sure you'll be anxious to hear your results. I imagine that the hold-up is simply due to your GPs workload, but I think you're doing the right thing by following it up with the surgery. I'm not sure about grounds for a complaint, but I would advise to keep trying. Do keep us updated, and all the best for your results!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    I'd think that if the results were of concern you'd probably have heard by now.

Brightness