I have MS - what sort of accommodation is out there for me to rent? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have MS - what sort of accommodation is out there for me to rent?

glenmayers
glenmayers Community member Posts: 8 Connected
I wish everyone a belated Happy New Year. I  suffer with MS and my mobility is gradually degrading. I have to use a walking stick and for longer distances, I have to use a wheelchair. I’m in the process of divorce proceedings, it’s amicable but I will have to vacate my propert as part of the settlement when finalised. I’m here because I would like to find out what sort of accommodation is out there for me to rent I will have monies from the settlement to pay deposits et cetera. I would appreciate some advice on this and thank you in advance.

Comments

• CaderMac
    CaderMac Community member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    Hi @glenmayers - happy new year to you too! 

This link will take you a list of websites put together by Scope where you might be able to find some helpful advice in regard to housing and renting. 

I hope this is helpful! There is also a section specifically about renting, where you might find some other hints and tips. 

I'm going to have a look through the community now to see if I can find some other people in similar situations to you who may be able to offer some wisdom - watch this space... 
  • glenmayers
    CaderMac, as a new member, I am impressed by and really appreciate your prompt and useful response. As a consequence this community has now gained, in me, a committed member. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @glenmayers
    Welcome to the community!

@Debbie_Scope do you have any ideas on how Glen can move forward with this?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @glenmayers,

Welcome to the community.

Have you found the information in the link helpful so far? 

You can get housing advice from your local council too. Their websites usually have lots of local information about housing and housing providers. 

You can also use the AdviceLocal tool which is great for finding tailored information and advice in your area. It's a really good starting place.

Please do let us know how things progress.

Best wishes
    Debbie

• glenmayers
    Hi Debbie, thanks for the link, I will keep posted on my progress. Glen
  • DaveDee
    DaveDee Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi@glenmayers, I am Dave and have a lot of community work associated with Riverside Houing Association, nationwide. In our city they have 3 extra care homes newly built and are designed for individual living. Would certainly accommodate your needs ideally.

Brightness