Review PIP Advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review PIP Advice

Bill
Bill Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
Hello,
This arises from the Govt decision to make more PIP awards, and to review ALL awards. 
I am receiving PIP, I don't think I am affected, but I would like an official piece of paper to confirm the situation. How should I proceed, please?
Bill

Comments

• maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    hi bill everyone will get a pip review a year befor their award runs out it will be a face to face again 
  • DJR
    DJR Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    You say everyone gets a review a year before it runs out!!! But mine is due to run out in July and no 9ne contacted me last year! Will pip just stop and you have to reclaim?it took me 7-8 months last time! Can’t go,that long again!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @DJR

I suggest you phone DWP and ask when your review will be.
  • maid08
    DJR said:
    You say everyone gets a review a year before it runs out!!! But mine is due to run out in July and no 9ne contacted me last year! Will pip just stop and you have to reclaim?it took me 7-8 months last time! Can’t go,that long again!
    u need to get on phone in morning and find out were youer papers are or come end of award it just stops  they will say you have had a review letter i bet????
  • DJR
    Thanks I will check this first thing tomorrow and ring and ask them
  • DJR
    Hi,I looked through my paperwork and it’s until May 2019, thankfully I haven’t rang them, so,will wait and see if in May they contact me or not
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @Bill,

I doubt that the DWP will be willing to send you written confirmation that you will not be affected by the changes in policy, as they don't like to bind themselves like this.

They review all claims so frequently, that I imagine even those who would be affected will often be left until their natural review date.

If you think it won't impact you, then don't create stress for yourself by trying to get documents from the DWP that they are unlikely to provide.

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• maid08
    They are NOT reviewing all awards, only those impacted by the recent decision to not challenge the illegality of the overwhelming psychological distress changes. If this impacted your decision you will be contacted in did bourse then there’s nothing you need to do.

Unfortunately posters on this thread may have given you the very worst advice possible. There’s every possibility that ringing DWP about this and suggesting they got something wrong could trigger a review that you may not actually want at this moment in time. I would strongly urge you to not ring them and get face to face advice about your specific decision ASAP.
    poste has pointed out award due to end in july if so they should have had a review letter  so no bad advice given  im sure its no good waiting till day it ends then question it
  • maid08
    DJR said:
    Hi,I looked through my paperwork and it’s until May 2019, thankfully I haven’t rang them, so,will wait and see if in May they contact me or not
    DJR said:
    hahahaha  so we give right advice but you put wrong end time  ha thats cheered me up i thought poor **** got to go thru all the hassel again xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.