grab rail — Scope | Disability forum

grab rail

robinhood8 Member Posts: 122 Courageous
Hi could you help me with some advice I'm living In a council flat with a garden I was born with cerebral palsy I been awarded pip standard living  I need grab rail how do I go about getting them
thank you 


  • BeccaShark123
    BeccaShark123 Member Posts: 46 Courageous
    Hi Jacqueline,

    There are a number of ways you can try and get a grab rail. One would be to get a referral to an Occupational Therapist, who can arrange to have grab rails fitted for you. If your house is part of a housing association, and is owned by your council, you can speak to them about sending their own occupational therapist round to adapt it to your needs.

    Alternatively, you can buy them online or at most mobility shops. The one I use at home has suckers on, so I can take it with me if I stay away somewhere, which is quite handy!

    Hope you are having a lovely day,

    Becca :)
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,674 Disability Gamechanger