Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

MIKE100
MIKE100 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
hi
    I have been on Mobility Allowance and DLA high mobility rate and low care since age of 7 I am now 50

just before Christmas I received a letter inviting me to apply for pip this I did and when asked if I wanted DLA evidence to be used I said yes

about a week later I got a letter stating this could not be used but no real explanation was given as to why

Anyway I filled in the form which took ages and was quite distressing and requested that if I needed a f2f assessment I request a home visit

on the 25th January this happened in my home and she asked many questions and asked me to do many different things and also asked me to use a peak flow meter this I did but straight after I needed to use inhaler, she did not ask me to walk so my Mother who was there as she is my carer said do you want to see him walk and then she helped me up onto my feet I took 2 steps and then had to grab onto my mother as balance is poor and walk holding onto things, the hp said stop I’ve seen enough and hinted that my benefits would be ok

i told her I cannot cook meals and have them cooked and brought to me this is because of balance issues and pain I get help in the shower and help dressing undressing again because of balance breathlessness and pain in legs and back

i am however still worried in case I forgot something or didn’t explain right and got a little depressed near the end

so now I just wait but this is like torture and making me ill to be honest

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.