PIP Review form arrived a year early — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review form arrived a year early

Options
deepblue17
deepblue17 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi

I had a review and face to face in 2016 afterwards they removed my mobility component and I was finacially worse off. But PIP awarded till Jan 19

Now another review form has come a year early. I can not deal with these forms and am stressed about it. I thought the U-turn about reassessing mobility and backdating to people was pledged to be an automatic process.

In any case is it right that they can bring a Pip Review forward?

Many Thanks for your input

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi deepblue and welcome

It is normal for PIP reviews to take place a year before the end date. This will have been part of your decision letter

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @deepblue17, and welcome! Sorry to hear that you're feeling worried about the process- I hope the above responses are helpful, and do let us know if you need any support throughout the review process.
  • deepblue17
    Options
    Hi @deepblue17, and welcome! Sorry to hear that you're feeling worried about the process- I hope the above responses are helpful, and do let us know if you need any support throughout the review process.
    Thank you, I am feeling under stress about this feel like running away but know I can not do that.

I am surprised thought with the recent governments u-turn on re assessing the mobility component of the claimants they rejected was going to be an automatic process like they promised.

I am petrified that my early re assessment is just a cost cutting exercise to save money in light of this and that they will deny me financial support altogether.

There have been such bad press on the face to face appointments.

My face to face was not correctly recorded and so I do not have any confidence in the next one either.

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi deepblue17,

Almost everything the DWP seem to do at the moment is a cost cutting exercise, and they are able to do these reviews. I know it's horrible but you are just going to have to get through it as best as you can and hopefully the decision will be in your favour. You should supply as much medical evidence as you can from GP or consultants etc to help them with their decision, it doesn't just have to rely on the face to face assessment. Stay strong and all the best.

Lee

The Benefits Training Co:

• deepblue17
    Options
    Hi deepblue17,

Almost everything the DWP seem to do at the moment is a cost cutting exercise, and they are able to do these reviews. I know it's horrible but you are just going to have to get through it as best as you can and hopefully the decision will be in your favour. You should supply as much medical evidence as you can from GP or consultants etc to help them with their decision, it doesn't just have to rely on the face to face assessment. Stay strong and all the best.

Lee

Hi Lee
    Just seen your post not been on here until now as there is a development. Thank you for your reply. Do you have any advice on the following please.

I had a letter saying they are reviewing PIP a whole year early. Well I have now had a appointment come though for face to face assessment. I am worried sick I don't even know how I will get though to the appointment day. I do not know what to do about the following.

They want 2 x ids with pictures which I do not have. 

1 x id of birth cert. I have no idea if I even have one or where.

Last time I asked my local MHT for someone to attend with me, it was horrific as the person who attended with me was so cold an unsupportive on the day and even said to me some negative things which made me even more distressed on the day on top of my anxiousness. How can I have someone come with me whom is supportive?

I am not safe using public transport to get there can they help with something else?

Many Thanks for your imput

• sheilyh789
    sheilyh789 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    i had a pip review a year early then an assessor came to see me at home as well

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.