Incorrect information in PIP report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Incorrect information in PIP report

Options
Marie1956
Marie1956 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello. I have ME and use a four wheeled walker to get around . As well as having to stop every six - eight metres to rest, I get seizures and dizzy spells so I am too scared to leave my home alone due to the fear of falling.

I recently had a PIP assessment in my home from an ATOS employee. Thankfully I taped the assessment.  I met him at the door and showed him into the living room. The distance from the front door to the living room door is about six metres and from the door to the sofa about another six metres .

During the assessment I had twelve seizures and was stuttering very badly. The man even phoned his office to check if he should continue with the Assessment as I had six seizures while he was explaining what he was going to do. I found it very frustrating and stressful and although my young son was with me he was no support. 

Just before Christmas I was informed that that I can no longer get the Mobility due to being able to walk 50 - 200 metres and that I can plan and complete a journey alone.

This man blatantly lied in his report. I have written to DWP for the Mandatory Reconsideration Notice and also to my MP. Unfortunately I have no idea what my doctor said (if anything)  due to me not having the energy to get to visit her and her refusal to visit me at home. My doctor does telephone me and has witnessed both in the surgery and on the phone via paramedics, my stuttering and seizures. 

What I would appreciate is if anyone knows how I can make a complaint about the ATOS employee? How can he say I can walk 50 -200 metres when he has only seen me walk six metres before stopping. And how can he say it is safe for me to be alone outside when I could have a seizure at any time. Surely I have some rights to an honest assessment. This man's lies have caused my health to deteriate even more and I really feel he should be stopped from doing it to someone else. 

Please help if possible. Thanks. 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Marie and welcome

I wish your tale was uncommon but we hear similar on the forums all the time

ATOS Contact Us
    www.atoshealthcare.com/contactus

Although making a complaint is important, that in its own right will not score the points you deserve. You should concentrate on showing that you meet the criteria for an award
    Have a look at the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Marie1956
    Options
    Thank you . Will do. Marie1956 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Marie1956

Have you asked for a mandatory reconsideration (MR)? And are you going to appeal if the MR doesn't succeed?

My Atos assessor decided that because she watched me walk 16m from waiting area to inquisition room then I must be able to walk 20-50m.  At tribunal appeal hearing panel agreed I can only walk up to 20m
  • Matilda
    Options
    I addressed my question to the OP.
  • Matilda
    Options
    Indeed but I don't know why you have to answer for the OP.
  • Matilda
    Options
    Your intervention was unnecessary. It happens on occasion that someone  overlooks what an OP has posted but I think you are about the only one who points it out.

Kindly don't tell me how to use the forum.  I have been on here much longer than you have and I know for a fact that many people have found my posts helpful.
  • Marie1956
    Options
    Thank you all for your help.
    DWP never even contacted my GP for new evidence but used my medical history from three years ago!  We all know ME has good and bad days but hey, what do we know! 

I will wait to hear from Mandatory Reconsideration. I now have a letter from my doctor and three witness statements, including from my carer and young carer.  Afterwards I shall follow the link to make a formal complaint.

I have to agree in that a complaint probably won't, but they should not be allowed to lie and get away with it. 

Thank you all again.
    I shall keep you informed of the outcome .
  • Marie1956
    Options
    Thank you Mike .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.