Hi, my name is keepsmiling68! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is keepsmiling68!

Options
keepsmiling68
keepsmiling68 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I hope you are all feeling ok

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @keepsmiling68

“Good Evening”

Love the name That’s me “2 a T”

Please please have a goo@keepsmiling68

If there is anything that I can help/support you with please please let me know!!!!!!
  • Han_Solo
    Han_Solo Community member Posts: 114 Courageous
    Options
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi, @keepsmiling68 and welcome to the community. Glad you have found your way to us.
    I am definitely one of those who are 'feeling ok' today, and I'd be very interested to hear a little more about you and perhaps find out how best we can help and support you. I can't help suspecting that 'keeping smiling' has not been so easy for you?
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • keepsmiling68
    keepsmiling68 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi Richard thank you for welcoming me to the group. Yes you are right things haven't always been good having a Brain Tumour on my Brain Stem 17 years ago has left me with a few limitations but things could be worse, i'm still here at least.  If i had been patt of his group two years ago i'd of been ranting about PIP and how shocking and wrong the procedure is.  My issue is about blue badge holders and disabled parking bays.  Why do people think it is there god given right to park there when they have no badge and hurl abuse at you when you do!!!! I have been threw a lot to get where i am now i have no wheelchair and not very often use a stick but still get told i am a fake or phoney, it hurts!!
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @keepsmiling68 and thank you for getting back to me. It is great to hear from you.
    Two years ago you would have been ranting about PIP? Does that mean you've got yours satisfactorily sorted? I must ask because we have a lot of people and a lot of resources here that could help you if that's a battle you are still fighting. So very many people are and it is horrible.

I am so very glad that you are 'still here' :smile:

Blue badges and parking bays? I know, of course, exactly what you mean.
    These are frightened times, no-one knowing what shape the country is going to be in in the future, no-one knowing where the next cuts will fall, if our NHS or any of our welfare systems are safe. No-one knowing how secure their job or income is, the directors of vast enterprises awarding themselves huge bonuses whilst their companies fall to pieces, and everybody looking for somebody to blame. It's migrants, or it's the young, or it's the old, or it's the disabled, or it's somebody's different culture or beliefs. And in frightened times cowards become bullies and we all suffer the more. The bottom line there, I suppose, is that they are the ones who are cowards, they are the ones who would have failed to cope if they had been presented with the challenges you have faced, they are the ones who are the most frightened. It is not easy to do so, but I try to pity them.

You will probably find posts on here where others share the same concerns. This might be a place to comment or to make a start https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/invisible-impairments

You have my respect and admiration, @keepsmiling68. We can at least despise these bullying  numpties together :smile:

Warmest best wishes to you, always,
    Keep in touch,
    Richard

Brightness