Payment dismissal due to ill health payment in lieu of notice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payment dismissal due to ill health payment in lieu of notice

zsr
zsr Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited February 2018 in Work and employment
Hi I was dismissed due to ill health 3 weeks ago. The amount I am due to be paid is correct. (Worked there for 11 & have calculated everything inc holidays) 
Should this payment be paid immediately or can they pay it at the end of month ( our normal date is the 26th of each month) 
i didn't receive it last month. I just really would like to know if it should be paid immediately please? 
I am expecting a call back so I would like to know. I also haven't received any letters from work regarding this but yet I have received my p45. 
Thank You

Comments

• zsr
    I should say I believe this may be dismissal due to ill health payment in lieu of notice. 
    Thanks 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zsr, I'm not sure how this process typically works myself, so I've moved this discussion into our ask an employment advisor category where hopefully somebody will be able to help!
  • zsr
    Thank you so much. Hopefully someone can. 
    Zoe
  • Mwila_Scope
    Mwila_Scope Scope Posts: 52 Pioneering
    Hi @zsr

Thank you for your Question and i hope you are well.
    Sorry to hear about your situation, I would recommend that you contact the  ACAS helpline on 0300 123 1100.
    In terms of your last payment i would say it depends on the Pay roll cut off date for the organisation and when the request was processed . If you did not receive it in last months pay then i would imagine you would receive it in this months pay run on the 26th 

When you do feel ready to look for work and would like some support, be sure to Contact Scope's Support to Work Service who provide tailored support and advice to disabled people seeking employment .
    Hope that helps 
    Mwila
    Scope Employment Advisor
    Phone: 0300 222 5742
    Email: supporttowork@scope.org.uk
    www.scope.org.uk/supporttowork
  • zsr
    Thank you so much. I will contact them. I haven't even received a letter stating my termination, payments & appeal yet. In the meeting my manager told me I would receive this 'within a few days' and I'm having no joy from the HR & Payroll department, they just keep saying that they will look into it & call me back. 

I hope I can return to work one day as I loved my career. At least my pharmacy qualifications will always be there and I can re-register if that time comes. I'm currently receiving ESA in the Support Group as I was deemed not fit for work during my assessment. I have let HMRC aware of my termination & pending payment. 
    Thank you. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Surely dismissal due to ill health is disability discrimination and therefore illegal.  Check with ACAS. 
  • zsr
    Yes, they did follow the correct procedure in terms of occupational health, Drs report etc however they have failed in several other areas and my illness, I believe, is covered by the disability under the equality act. 
    Thank you so much 

Brightness