Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

shortass
shortass Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello just a big question to ask is pip question the same as esa question because u can past one but not the other one 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi shortass
     Answer no they are similar but have different qualifying criteria so are assessed separately.
    Note that some people receiving pip are still able to work because this is for help with personal needs such as washing dressing cooking toileting and walking.Also for people with mental health issues preventing them from leading a life without support.
    ESA is purely based on your capability in the workplace.
         Debsidoo.x
  • shortass
    Hi Debsidoo.x at the moment lm the support group with esa I started getting pip l got 11 point which l was really pleased with then had too have it reviewed just too see if l was getting the right amount now l have got no point at all just don’t understand if nothing has changed with ur health how can you go from 11 point to 0 as dwp said there is nothing wrong with me all why do doctor put people on tablet if there nothing wrong with a person just don’t get it 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shortass, and welcome! Sorry to hear about your PIP experience, unfortunately many of our members have had similar experiences themselves. Are you appealing the decision? Do let us know if we can offer any support.
  • shortass
    Hi pippa l did ask them to look at it again but it still came back with a failed but l just don’t understand how can u go from having 11 point to 0 l do need support but don’t no were to get it as lve never ask for help before 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Hi again @shortass

Just to clarify, was it a Mandatory Reconsideration that you had before? If so, you can still take this further and appeal the decision: there's some more guidance on this process on Scope's website
  • shortass
    Hi pippa yes it was a mandatory reconsideration l had too run after them because they forgot all about me and when they did they sent the wrong letter out 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Hi @shortass, just saw this and thought I'd check in! How are you doing? Did you pursue the mandatory reconsideration in the end?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.