Worried about tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried about tribunal

Options
Debs17
Debs17 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi ive just joined this site and I have a lot going on at the minute with my sons tribunal coming up in a few days which I'm really dreading it. I could do with some help and advice with it as it's making me ill with worry. I would like some support at the tribunal but can't seem to find any and I'm just putting a claim in for myself.
Thanx. 

Comments

• MJDean
    MJDean Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Options

Hi @Debs17

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear you are feeling worried. I am actually waiting to go to a tribunal with my autism soon. Is your soon autistic too or does he have another condition?

If I can be of any help I will try my best to find some information for you :)

We are all here for you, this is a very friendly and supportive community. 
  • Debs17
    Options
    Hi  MJDean. Thankyou for replying to my post. Yes my son is autistic,   as well as  having ADHD, conduct disorder and learning difficulties. 
    I'm scared and worried about the tribunal as I know they have done it to others and myself as they have confidently left out info/ lied as they havent even put that im my sons appointee in it. He didn't score a point not even for budgeting as why else would he have a appointee.
    I would really like some advice as I don't even know what to write in a statement. Its making me ill. I would really like it if someone could attend with me but I know its so close that im loosing all hope. 
    Thank you again. Feeling down and worried  :(
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Debs17, and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you're feeling worried about your tribunal. When is it? Many of our members have been through the process and had similar worries themselves, so I hope we can help to reassure you.

I'd recommend having a read of our guidance on appealing DWP decisions, and also check out Citizens' Advice information on the appeals process, to give you a better idea of what to expect.

Please do come back to us with any questions and keep us updated, and we'll do our best to help! 
  • Debs17
    Options
    Sorry not been on awhile. 
    My sons tribunal went well and we got a letter saying they have allowed him on daily living and mobilty as standard.
    I have heard the DWP can appeal this. I thought the stress was over. So now we are awaiting to hear from the DWP. It is taking awhile this is not nice especially explaining to people who have learning difficulties and mental health issues when you really don't know yourself what is going on. He is really impatient bless him. How long does it all take??   

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.