How to raise awareness — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to raise awareness

Options
Barnabas1985
Barnabas1985 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Barnabas1985!.

Comments

• Barnabas1985
    Barnabas1985 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hello, everyone , I hope you are doing great?
    I have lived with a disability now for 20 years all these years no one ever shared to me what disability is , and my personal rights as a disabled person,I am very much sure that there are a lot of persons in my country who are living with a disability yet no idea of what disability is.When I got to think about it tears were just dropping , Thinking of how many are still not informed by people who does advocacy on this part of the world very unfortunate and can't blame anyone,Have to do a part in a small way to touch someone.the question is how?
    1.Social media -Informing friends so that we understand what disability is , different kind of disability,
    2.Come up with a team.
    3.Produce comic booklets on disability rights which will be distributed to schools,hospitals,public institutions and private companies
    4.Radio, TV and Newspapers to reach to various audience.
    I am very much open to any ideas on how best to carry out campaign

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Barnabas1985, thank you for sharing this with us- it's really interesting to hear about how living with a disability varies between countries though as you say, it's very sad to think about.

Great to hear that you're hoping to start a campaign and raise awareness! Do keep us updated and let us know how you get on. There are some great tips and suggestions for raising awareness on the YouCaring page.

Brightness