I feel alone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I feel alone

Options
angie610m
angie610m Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
Im a 34 yr old disabled woman. I am having several issues being disabled.  And I feel alone at times.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @angie610m

Welcome! :)

Everybody on here is so supportive and will help anyway we can :)

Pleased to meet you and am here if you would like to talk about anything :)

Ami xxx
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @angie610m, and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel alone: it's great to have you as part of our community, and we have lots of friendly members who are always up for a chat. If there's anything in particular we can help you out with, please do let us know.
  • crazylegs84
    crazylegs84 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    hi angie610m i care for my daughter who is 33 and disabled and i do her typing as she is tregaplegic so she can not do it but if you wanna chat about things around your ages she be only happy to help if she can your never alone there are always people in same situation or people willing to help
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi angie610m my name is Jane and I'm new on here 2. I can relate to feeling lonely as recently moved to a village where I know no one and my family live 70miles away. I joined this group out of curiosity as don't normally join groups and I got to say I'm glad I did as everyone so welcoming and when I feel sad or alone I can come on here for a chat. Felt a bit weird at first but I'm getting into it and there are lots of different pages on here to get help with any problems you mite have. 
  • angie610m
    Options
    Hi all I am overwhelmed.  Ive been busy this week I am sorry for delayed responses.  I do need some support and help in some areas.  Jane I am on a waiting list for another council where I am going to be away from family.  So I will need pointers how to cope.  Thank you all.  I will catch up as soon as I can.
  • angie610m
    Options
    Hi crazylegs84 I would like to speak to your daughter.  I am moving.  So am a bit busy at moment I will be in on 14th april.  So will be about as soon as I can as of internet connection may take a couple weeks.
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @angie610m when I first moved everything was new and exciting. To be honest I was glad there was a bit of distance between me and my family. No stress or dramas. I'm nearly 58 and I'll with OA in all my joints a disk desease and depressed/anxiety.so was glad of the piece. But yes I do miss them and when I do see them and it's nice to catch up. I have them stay with me so to be fair I'm not alone all the time. We always chat by phone or on line. 

Once you have moved you can always come on scope and chat to us. Great thing is we all understand each others struggles it's so nice having like minded people to chat to. 

Brightness