Am I waiting in vain for phone call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I waiting in vain for phone call

Rosie2017
Rosie2017 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
Do you think it is worth me ringing the DWP regarding my PIP assessment as I was told someone would ring me within a fortnight, that's 3 weeks ago, or will I be wasting my time. I'm starting to get extremely anxious as I believed someone would actually contact me or why say it?? 

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Rosie2017
    It can’t hurt to give them a call on Monday and explain what you were told.
    Even if they are unable to tell you much on the phone they will be able to fill you in on the next step or at least tell you who to contact next.
     Debsidoo.x
  • Rosie2017
    Thanks debsidoo I will ring them Monday although that in itself causes so much anxiety. I just wish they had said someone will contact you, as they usually don't give you any idea of when. I think I am very apprehensive as my assessment only lasted 12 minutes! I don't know why I am surprised that I haven't had a phone call, can only hope no news is good news?? 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Rosie2017Rosie2017,

I agree Rosie, I would ring them. Remember that whatever they say, and whatever the decision is, you have a right to a written decision in the post. And if when you get it, that decision isn't correct, do come back on the forum for some advice.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Rosie2017
    Thanks for your kind message BenefitsTrainingCo. I will do that and let you know what happens.
  • Rosie2017
    Hi BenefitsTainingCo.  I tried to call the DWP three times this morning but each time was held in a queue for ages, getting more anxious each time. Eventually I gave up as I had a hospital appointment today. I came home to find the dreaded brown envelope on the doormat. I felt sick, starting shaking and couldn't open it. I had to phone my friend and ask her to come over so I could open the letter. Well I am over the moon, I have been transferred from the Wrag group to the support group. I feel so relieved at the outcome. No more contact with the Job Centre so hopefully can concentrate on managing my disabilities instead of spending my whole time thinking about the DWP. At least until August when my PIP is due to be reviewed!!!  Phew.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Wonderful news! So happy to hear that!!!
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.