Indefinite DLA now been asked to apply for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Indefinite DLA now been asked to apply for PIP

clarzier
clarzier Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
Hi all
At Christmas I received the dreaded letter asking to apply for PIP.
I have crohns disease, with incontinence issues, rheumatoid arthritis, psorisis, selective IgA and IgM deficiency, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and various vitamin deficiency due to constant diarrhoea in excess of 20 times a day.
I currently received higher rate care and mobility and also on receipt of ESA and I am terrified if what is going to happen. You hear losts of stories about PIP and none of them positive.
At my last ESA assessment I soiled myself in the waiting room because I couldn't get to the toilet so I put on my form I needed a home visit due to this and I also listed dates of school holidays as dates I was unavailable due to my children being at home. 
My appointment has arrived and I need to go to an assessment centre and it is during half term. I am so stressed and since I completed the form my go has started me on some drugs as he suspects the onset of Fibromyalgia. 
Any advice is greatly appreciated

Comments

• debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Hi Clarzier
    you could always call and ask them to reschedule appointment as you have the children at home that week and have explained on the form.bearing in mind you are only allowed to reschedule once.You could also ask GP for a letter for a home visit,however these are not always successful.
    Just tell them as it is and say you have suspected fibromyalgia but no firm diagnosis as yet.
       Good luck Debsidoo.x

• clarzier
    When I had my ESA assessment in March last year I obtained a letter from my GP and ATOS said it it "wasnt worth the paper it was written on" and didn' care about my incontinence issues. I do see if CAPITA are a bit more sympathetic x
  • debsidoo
    I don’t know if any of these could be called sympathetic but if you are unable to get childcare at such short notice it may be worthwhile explaining that you may have to bring your children with you as you cannot leave them on their own.
    This may prompt a reschedule.
             Debsidoo.x
  • clarzier
    Update called this morning and home visit agreed for Thursday now I'm nervous
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @clarzier, and welcome to the community!

So sorry to hear about your situation, and particularly about your past experiences. I really hope your upcoming home assessment goes well, do keep us updated and let us know how you get on.
  • debsidoo
    Hi clarzier 
    Glad you got home visit sorted.Good luck.
    Debsidoo.x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.