PIP appeal mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP appeal mental health

Options
joyclyn
joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have an appeal that I  waiting  for PIP having   been refused  .I was on DLA for many years £73 pw   I received 2 points  in total  at assessment  I won't go into that .so stressful  lies told  sorry    I will b 68 in a few weeks so unable to claim pip again if I am rejected  I have suffered mental health   many years now I wanted to know if now  we are been recognised  will it b any quicker  or just the same as it is any help.i would b very grateful  thank you all joyclyn

Comments

• janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @joyclyn
    sorry to hear of your distress... 
    I'm not an advisor so I can only offer reassurance that things are improving again so you might be pleasantly surprised 
    I hope things are resolved in your favour asap 

J-in-W
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @joyclyn, and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about your situation- the appeals process can feel really worrying and overwhelming at times, but we'll do our best to reassure you and offer advice. 

Do you have an appeal date yet? It's difficult to predict how long the process will take or whether it will happen any quicker now, but we can help you to prepare. I'd advise having a read of our guidance on DWP appeals and coming back to us with any questions- we'll help and advise wherever we can!
  • joyclyn
    joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.