Won my appeal today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Won my appeal today

dafflover
dafflover Community member Posts: 7 Connected
It has taken me over a year but today I won my appeal. Have gone from lower rate mobility and no daily living allowance to the enhanced rate for both (I was previously on higher rate mobility and lower rate daily living when I was on DLA) .

It has been very stressful and at times I have felt like giving up but with all the support I have had from my family and the Scope website I  now have the award I knew I was entitled to. I would say to anyone who is going through this awful process keep going !!!

It is daunting being in front of 3 people you don't know and having to answer questions about your disability and how it affects you,  but I found them  to be very fair and I was able to overcome my nerves and give a good account of the difficulties I have.

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.