Advice for PIP tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice for PIP tribunal

GrahamW
GrahamW Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have had 10 points on care and 12 on mobility for 12 years. As I was on DLA I was asked to apply for PPI. I was awarded 15 points on care (moving me to the top rate of care), but only 10 points for mobility. I appealed this decision but the DWP confirmed the original decision. I intend to go to the tribunal. 
However I cannot see the logic of being assessed as needing more care than before, but less help in my needs for mobility. 
I have chronic neuropathy which cannot be treated or slowed down I only take pain relief. My condition is getting worse but my mobility needs are getting less..?? I just cannot see the logic.
when I lose my car I’m virtually stuck at home because we cannot afford the type of car we have. I cannot use taxis or buses because of chronic weakness in m.y legs/thighs. Can anyone suggest what I need to get through the tribunal ?

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.