PIP and side effects of medication — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and side effects of medication

Options
keira
keira Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

In the washing and bathing activity for PIP can side effects of medication i.e dizziness, shakiness be taken into account? Or are the side effects of medication only covered for certain activities?

Thanks

Comments

• keira
    Options
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I suggest you ask in Ask a benefits advisor category.
  • keira
    Options
    Thanks I did but didn't get a reply. Just wondered if anyone else knew.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You could mention it anyway in case those side effects are taken into account in the washing and bathing activity.
  • keira
    Options
    Sorry but I don't know what you mean?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    keira said:
    Hi,

In the washing and bathing activity for PIP can side effects of medication i.e dizziness, shakiness be taken into account? Or are the side effects of medication only covered for certain activities?

Thanks

Does the person need supervision when bathing? Side effects of medication can be used if the descriptor in question applies to the person. If a person has side efffects and that descriptor doesn't apply then there's no points to be scored. Your question really doesn't meake any sense.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debsidoo
    debsidoo Community member Posts: 325 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Keira.
    If you Have side effects from any medication and it affects your ability to perform a task such as making you unsteady while walking or shakiness when trying to use a knife etc it is always worth mentioning.It will be down to the assessors interpretation as to whether they think it relevant.It can’t hurt to explain all this and should be noted at the back of the form where it says any other information.
    They may or may not accept it but if these are known side effects of the medication they will be made aware of this by you and can look into it.
        Debsidoo.x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.