Appealing Length Of Award For PIP (Severe Anxiety/Depression) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing Length Of Award For PIP (Severe Anxiety/Depression)

keira
keira Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
Are there any grounds for appealing the length of PIP awards for these conditions? I'm talking about someone with long standing conditions who has exhausted CBT/medication treatments and these have been unhelpful.

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Not that i know of. If this was the case then everyone would appeal this. There's thousands of claimants in exactly the same boat as this person.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    You can only appeal on the grounds of an error in law and not that you don't like the decision. What grounds exactly would you be appealing on? You couldn't just appeal because it's not long enough.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    as thhe dwp can reveiw any award at any time there is no point appealing the length of an award

cr
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • keira
    keira Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
    I think it would be hard for the DWP to argue against a date that the tribunal had set!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @keira
    keira said:
    I think it would be hard for the DWP to argue against a date that the tribunal had set!
    I hope you are right!  It remains to be seen whether DWP do review claims prior to the dates set by tribunals.  Should be interesting.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.