Tribunal experience — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal experience

JohnQ
JohnQ Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I had my tribunal hearing yesterday. I was very nervous. However the DWP did not send anyone and all three of the people who asked me questions were on my side and were very nice to me.  They gave me the same award as I had under DLA. I really felt that they know the ATOS or whatever they are called who do the 'assessment' just deny everything in a brazen manner.
What a waste of public money for a completely fraudulent 'assessment'! I believe the company makes a lot of money for it. 
They are putting a lot of people through hell for no reason.
I want to say to others who may be dreading this ordeal that you have not done anything wrong. It is the bogus 'assessment' which is a fraud upon the tax payer. So testify against them!
At the end the Doctor on the panel asked me what I thought of the assessor. I said she was a very nice lady but what was written was the opposite of what I said! They all nodded. I feel sorry for that lady who did the assessment. I think she had to do what she was told so that they company could make money. It is a crazy system if young people can only get job to hurt but not to help disabled people. I'm not 'political' but what I have seen has opened my eyes.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JohnQ and nice to meet you. I am very, very glad to hear that your assessment seems to have gone so well, and I agree with your comments on the system and the assessors. We have many people here suffering from whatever it is - malignancy or incompetence - that is making all this such a trial.
    Good to hear from you, 
    Stay in touch,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JohnQ, and welcome!

Thanks for sharing this with us- I'm sure many of our other community members will understand your frustrations. I'm glad to hear that your experience was positive, and that you got the outcome you were hoping for- I'm sure that alone will provide comfort/reassurance to many of our members.
  • sleepy1
    sleepy1 Community member Posts: 297 Pioneering
    Hi JohnQ

I too would like to thank you for sharing your tribunal experience, it sounds like you had some sympathetic people who know exactly what is going on with the DWP and Assessment Companies, but even they are part of the gravy train!

I agree with you entirely what a waste of public money.   It is great that people are winning their appeals but it is disgraceful that so many disabled/ill people have to be put through such a harrowing and demeaning experience in the first place. 

It must be such a relief for you but I imagine like most you will be feeling why oh why did I have to be put through all that stress and when will I have to go through it all again. Shame you cannot claim compensation!  Anyway thanks again for sharing your good news with us. X Rosie

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.