Feel my PIP appeal was unfair — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feel my PIP appeal was unfair

Marian34
Marian34 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I need to find out if I can really for pip feel my appeal was very unfair x

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Marian34 and welcome to the community.
    Answering late at night, I must keep this pretty short, but don't hesitate to get back to us with any further questions. For now take a look at this link 
    https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/talk-about-pip-dla
    In the meanwhile, please stay in touch. Others will be along to talk to you in due course.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Lasian_Alumni
    Lasian_Alumni Community member Posts: 659 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Marian34.

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with how your appeal went. Would you like to tell us why this is?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Marian34

If you lose your appeal
    You’ll be sent a guide with an official notice that explains your options. Sometimes it’s possible to appeal to a higher level of tribunal, called the Upper Tribunal, if you think your tribunal made a mistake in law, but you can’t appeal just because you disagree with the result.
    If you’re thinking about challenging the decision, get advice from your local Citizens Advice in England and Wales or in Scotland to check if you have grounds to appeal again.
    You can reapply for PIP and start the process again, but unless something has changed you’re unlikely to get a different decision.

This comes from the CAB website.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.