M.P complaint — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

M.P complaint

bevt2017
bevt2017 Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
Hi everyone!

I don't want to jinx anything, but I had to share some news with you.
And say a big "Thank you" to @cooper1965 for all your help, advice and support.

Today my husband received a phone call "from a case worker" from my M.Ps office.
She told my husband, that my M,P is meeting up with the "Secretary of state" later this week.
To highlight the disgraceful way, I have been treated.
And that they will be contacting DWP on my behalf, to find out what is going on with my case?

When my husband informed them! that I have kept every doctors letters, appointment letters etc.
They told him that they may ask for me, more information from me? to create a case study, to highlight how unfair the system is?

I hope after my assessment on Thursday, I wont have to deal with P.I.P again.
Bev

Comments

• Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
     so glad your MP doing his job. Hope it works out for you
  • bevt2017
    Hi @Misscleo

Thank you for your support :)
  • jackykins
    jackykins Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    glad you are getting help its sad that we have to fight so hard because of disability good luck x
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bevt2017 Good morning How are you.?  At last some action super, great, fantastic.

This is a message of support I hope the MP listens, you can get a result.

I hope you can try not to worry.  It seems that something is happening now to all people like yourself and others in our Community.  

I agree that since the reports have come out.  What the hell is going on.  Seeing current PMQ''s on Wednesday plus Question Time recently.  Lot of changes.

Ministers and MP's are being grilled over the treatment we are all receiving.  They do not like it.

Lovely to talk to you again.

Wish you the best in every success 

Take care
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • bevt2017
    Hi @thespiceman

Good afternoon
    Thank you for your support has always.  :)

I'm not having a good day today, im feeling very low.

I've just recieved more letters, from a hospital i recently had tests at. And I'm feeling very emotional.
    Everything is a matter of fact, if You know what I mean.

It makes me so angry, I'm being put through all this again.
    But I'm not going to be intimidated by the DWP.
    I'm sure their are a lot of people, who are reluctant to go through the process again. "me included"
    But I'm not the kind of person, who just gives up.

2 more days till my assessment, and I can't Wait for it to be over.

Thank you
    Bev
  • thespiceman
    Hello @bevt2017 Sorry what is happening.  I hope you will be OK.  I can understand getting emotional, struggling with illness is the hardest is not easy.

I just hope you find the strength to be determined to get a result.  I know in my heart you will succeed.

I am here to listen.  Apologise for getting to you later, to reply.  

I will speak to you again if you wish about anything if it helps.

Please take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • englishrose
    englishrose Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Good luck bevt2017. You are a very strong positive last.  Going to take what you said on board as have been through the PIP process and that are now putting me through the same with ERA. Will it never end. 
  • englishrose
    englishrose Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    That should read ESA. Sorry.
  • Misscleo
    Misscleo Community member Posts: 647 Pioneering
    Tha support on this site is amazing.
    Only met 1 horrible person. He thought the tax payer should pay for the gas and electic he used.
    Everyone has been very pleasent
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    This sounds really positive @bevt2017, thank you for sharing this with us! It's terrible that you had to endure such a negative experience in this first place, but I'm really glad to hear that you have the support of your MP. Do keep us updated!
  • bevt2017
    Hi @thespiceman

Good morning! I hope your having a lovely day.

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I was really upset.

Well I have finally finished all my photo copying, of all my medical reports and letters. So there is nothing left for me to do now, but wait for my assessment. :s

always a pleasure to speak to you
    Bev :)
  • bevt2017
    Hi @englishrose

Good morning! 

Thank you :)

I hope all goes well with your ESA Assessment?
    "let me know how you get on".

its a disgrace what we have to go through, don't let them get you down "says me" I know its hard, but we have to keep fighting. 

• bevt2017
    Good morning @Misscleo

hope your having a lovely day :)

Thank you for your kind words.

That's very true! I have had so much support from the community "they have been amazing". 
  • bevt2017
    Hi @PippaScope

good morning! 

My Assessments tomorrow! so fingers crossed all goes well?
    I will keep you posted about the MP.

thanks
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck @bevt2017, we'll be thinking of you! Do let us know how you get on.
  • thespiceman
    Hello @bevt2017 Good morning How are you?  I know bit anxious, on tenterhooks.  Take it easy, been there, rehearse what you wish to say.  Before I went to any assessment.

Also have plenty of information, the lady who assessed me, did typing had to ask me to slow down.  So try and remain calm.  Try to make the assessor what and how you are on your really bad day.

Always in my thoughts.

I hope and pray for best outcome.

I am here as all the community to listen.

Take care
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • cooper1965
    cooper1965 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thinking of you good luck
  • bevt2017
    Good Morning Everyone :)

My assessment was "horrific".  "sorry its very long"

Well! when we got to the building for my assessment, it was about 11.30am, the appointment wasn't until 11.45am.

firstly my husband had to struggle, getting me through 2 doors in my wheelchair. "no one came to help us". 

When we finally got into the building, the first thing I noticed was a really bad smell of mould. when we looked around, there was no desk to report too, and no one came up to us, to ask who we was? or explained what we needed to do? " so my husband sat down.

Then a lady came into the building, showed her ID to some man, then started to approach me? " I thought she was the assessor?  she then showed me her ID, and on the badge it said she was a "speech to txt reporter"? " I said I don't understand"? The DWP told my husband that "there tech guys" would make sure a txt relay machine would be on site ready for my assessment. "not a person"? Anyway! she then started to talk to my husband "she didn't look very happy". she was told by the man, that there can only be one other person in the room, so he walked off, to ask some one for advice?

I did notice another man in a separate room, when we first came in, "I could see him through a large window".
    So we was sat waiting, when all of a sudden, my husband picked up my ID? when I turned around there was a man standing at the side of me? my husband gave him my ID, then he walked off. I asked him, "who was that"? he said I don't know? he never introduced himself. he had walked up to me, and asked me, for my ID? he said "I don't think he knows your deaf"?

I was waiting for about 20 min, when I decided I needed to use the toilets? "but there were no signs in the building"? so my husband went to ask someone?
    When we got to the toilets, the disabled toilet was too small. my husband had to struggle, physically lifting me up in my wheelchair to get me in the toilet. there was excrement in the toilet, and the smell was unbearable. plus by the time we got in there, we couldn't find any toilet roll. "my husband would off had to climb over me, then the wheelchair just to get out." luckily I had some in my bag.
    by this time I'm upset and just wanted to come home.

when we finally managed to get out, there was the same man, who asked me for my ID. He spoke to my husband, looked at the reporter, then walked off again. "I said what's happening now"? the man told my husband, "he didn't know about the reporter"? and needed to get some advice as there is only one other, aloud in the room.  "I was fuming"

eventually about 12.30pm, the assessment began.
    he asked me stupid questions like did I go to high school? what grades did I leave with? "non of it was relevant" he asked me things like could I add up? which I replied "I'm deaf not stupid"
    after the questionnaire I handed him numerous reports from doctors, pictures etc. which he then replied "I need to let you know, "I only have small envelopes" I didn't have a reply for that one?

Then he asked me could he do a physical examination, "I said yes" then he got me to sign something?
    I struggled getting out of the wheelchair to start with, and the things he was asking me to do, was to hard. "I couldn't breath, and I was in a lot of pain" when my husband saw me getting upset, he told me to sit down. "I nearly went over the chair, has I sat down".
    That's when I had an anxiety / panic attack. 
    I was crying so much I couldn't calm myself down, my heart was racing, my face felt like it was on fire, my head was banging, I couldn't get my breath, my chest was tight I thought I was going to have a astma attack. the man did nothing just sat there and watched. I had to stay in the room and in the reception area, just why I tried to compose myself. I cried in the taxi  all the way home, and most of that day. and the pain in my feet, and knees were to much.

I never want to go through all that again!
    but if they think they have won, they can think again. 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @bevt2017 Please can I say how sorry I am to see you suffer like this.  This is horrific what a experience.  First my heart goes out to you and your husband.

I can not understand this at all.  Subjected to this terrible treatment by people who should have used common sense.  Where is the professionalism from staff and those people in assessing you should be given a stern rebuke.

What should have happened never has.  The lack of support and compassion from staff.  Why was not any body there to help and assist you.  This for me needs to be answered.  A whole catalogue of disasters all wrong in every respect.

Whether you need to complain I know at this present time.  You have mixed emotions and anger, upset, pain.  You need to consider this if you do not mind me telling you.

I know I would because this should never happen but it does.  This from one who has similar experiences.  

This is not about me is it.  It is about you.  I hope and pray as you do succeed.      That is what you have to say to you self.  Try and be positive. Try to be upbeat which is not easy I know.

Always in my thoughts am here if you wish to talk.  As if all of the community to give you support.

Take care.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • Colourfull
    Colourfull Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    Great very well done to you I have also signed a petition to do with being partially sighted to with p.i.p I got an email back from my M.P saying they will contact me further it's absolutely disgusting how they treat people with disabilities and I am Not Prepared to put up with it  at all.

I will be contacting my M.P further after my assessent by D.W.P Be ive me they will know about it.

Colourfull.

Brightness