My wife is being assess for PIP from DLA MS sufferer — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My wife is being assess for PIP from DLA MS sufferer

Nico6255
Nico6255 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
my wife is being assessed for her long term MS condition. I thought I read somewhere people with these conditions were not to be included as before. Her condition is incurable and serious that isn’t going to go away. Disgusted at this government attempting to save money rather than helping disabled people with their condition. Do you think they really care 

Comments

• duckett123
    duckett123 Community member Posts: 81 Courageous
    duckett123 said they don't care hope all goes well ,always fight your corner, if they can save money they will they will tell lies but still get paid you tell truth and loose money its not right
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    People with MS have been awarded PIP which is awarded for how your condition affects your daily living and mobility not for the condition itself.  Your disabilities must fit various PIP descriptors.  Disabilty Rights UK site has a good guide to PIP including a draft diary you can adapt.  Include a 7 day diary with your PIP claim.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I would recommend going to citizens advice to everyopne who is applying for pip. they really helped. i was convinced my pip request would be refused but it was accepted first time i applied for it. i have severe oesteo arthritis, spina bifida, hydrochepalus and scoliosis and have recently been diagnosed with ME
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    As long as the person claiming pip meets all the descriptors then pip should be awarded. As stated above its not the illness or condition but how these things impact on your daily living. Hence the way the questions are worded. People who are diagnosed with HIV or MS are classed as disabled under a act of Parliament 2010.

Brightness