PIP for son — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP for son

Options
Poosey
Poosey Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My son has bilateral sacroiliac and scoliosis with a conective tissue disorder and suffers with diarrhoea as he is on a high dose of movacol laxative. Does anyone know if he is eligibal for PIP as he can't sit on normal chairs and has to have his tail bone manipulated by a chiropraction once to twice a week. He also has to use the toilet frequantly.  I also want to know if he can get his driving license done on an automatic car due to his pain.

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Poosey, and welcome! Have you tried taking the B&W self-test to see whether your son may be eligible for PIP?

As far as I know, there are no restrictions on who can learn to drive using an automatic car, so I'd have a look for instructors near you who can offer lessons in an automatic car and enquire with them. Hope this helps! 
  • Poosey
    Poosey Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I will have a look b &w check and thanks for the link and reply. 
    It's nice to finally find a place that I can ask specific questions.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.