Benefits issues — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits issues

Susanking445
Susanking445 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Have my 3rd was assessment in 5 days I'm 63 have arthritis hands anxiety and depression finding going through this very dark tunnel have no money no life after working 45 years

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Susan @Susanking445, and welcome to the community. I am glad you have found us and very, very sorry to hear that you are feeling so low.
    There are many here, though, who will understand what you feel - so many have been made to jump through these awful hoops.
    You're in a safe place here and among friends, so try not to be shy of telling us about yourself or of asking any questions.
    Benefits are not my particular speciality, but there are plenty of people and resources here which I know will be of value to you. I don't quite understand 'was' assessment and wonder if it is a typo? Can you tell me which benefit you're having difficulty with, so that I can try to direct you to the best people and resources to help?
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • Marly73
    Marly73 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    I understand your mental anguish. Not sure if I can help but happy to lend an open ear.
  • Susanking445
    I was on ESA support then put on to ESA wrag now have to be reassessed next Thurs AGAIN if anything my problems a worse 
  • Marly73
    Marly73 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Do you have any disability advice services near you? Often if you can find a doctor who is on your side ESA will listen to them. My condition will only ever get worse and last year I was put in the group to start looking for ways to work. I don't actually do anything but I guess it is just a way of saving money.
  • JennysDad
    Hi Susan, @Susanking445. It's good to see you here, and good that you and @Marly73 are in contact.  I note, too, that your post has been moved to the 'Talk about finances' forum, and that will help too.
    I'm still here, still listening, if I can be of any use to you.
    Warmest best wishes, as always,
    Richard
  • Susanking445
    Thanks guys great to have support on here does help to talk nervous about Thursday will keep you informed hope to here more of your stories.
  • JennysDad
    Hi Susan, @Susanking445 and hope you are well. I just had a look through the posts here and don't see any direct references to resources. Have you, by any chance, had a look at this https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/esa It just might help make you feel a bit more comfortable on the day.
    Will be thinking of you,
    Richard
  • Susanking445
    That's kind Richard kind words 's s go a long way especially if your feeling down your an asset to this forum
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Hi SusanKing445 I'm sorry to read your having such a rough time. I know it's hard enough being in pain especially if your also depressed and anxious. I do hope all goes well for you Thursday and they finally stop giving you such a hard time. Everyone on here is here to help and I've found some really genuine kind people who are here to help anyway they can and here to listen if your feeling low. Take care and good luck
  • Susanking445
    Thank you Jane someone's who knows how I feel 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.