PIP assessment nerves! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment nerves!

donnasmyth
donnasmyth Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have me and fibromyalgia aswell as foot problems and anxiety and depression. I have just gone back to work after being off since August and I'm finding it a struggle. I also have a pip assessment on Thursday and my nerves are gone. Is there any advice out there to got me through. O just feel like living with these disabilities is like wading through mud every day just to try to live life.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello Donna, @donnasmyth, and welcome to the community. It is good to have you with us, though I am sorry to hear you are suffering. You have found your way to a safe place here and are immediately among friends, so please don't be shy of telling us more about yourself or asking any questions. The better we get to know each other the more easily we may find ways of being of use to you.

This link will take you to a page of Frequently Asked Questions about PIP. It advises on what and who to take with you, and other things like that. Please take a look and see if it helps. Your post will also probably be moved (don't worry, you won't lose it) to our Talk about PIP/DLA forum where it will attract more notice.

I am really, really sorry that you are having such a hard time, and you will find many others here who will understand, having been through similar situations themselves. Please stay with us and keep in touch,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard

• donnasmyth
    donnasmyth Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thanks, it means a lot to find such a supportive group.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @donnasmyth
    Welcome to the community, we have a great video about preparing for a PIP assessment that you might like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5QV_SnkJs 

We also have an employment advisor who you might like to chat to about your struggles at work.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.