Living with partner who is registered severely sighted — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Living with partner who is registered severely sighted

Damion_Spencer
Damion_Spencer Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited February 2018 in Work and employment

Hi

I am 43 and live with my partner who has retinitis pigmentosa and is registered severely sighted.

She works for the NHS and relies upon me to take her to and from work, as well as either picking up or dropping off my daughter from school.

At the moment my working schedule is 6.30am till 2.30pm, Monday to Friday one week and 2pm till 10pm another week.

We rely heavily on my partners mother and father, who make a 30 mile round trip every weekday to take her and my daughter to work and school respectively one week, and collect them from work and school the other week.

My employers are considering changing my shifts patterns from those above, to 12hr days where I would work 6.30am to 6.30pm every day.

This would mean that I would not be able to pick my partner up or drop my partner from work and like wise drop off and pick up my daughter.

My question on this matter is, does anyone know if I refuse to do these shift because of my predicament can my employer sack me over this matter.

The communities help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Damion

Comments

Brightness