PIP waiting times - Northern ireland — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP waiting times - Northern ireland

sdoc94
sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello,

I sent my PIP2 claim form off on the 29th of January, it was received on the 31st. Got a letter dated February 2nd with an appointment for a home assessment on the 15th February. (last Thursday)

I am just wondering how long I will wait to hear my decision. Very nervous have been feeling sick ever since with worry.
Shady.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sdoc94
    I think it really depends on your area and how busy they are.  It sounds like things have moved swiftly so fat for you and so fingers crossed it wont take too long.  I know it is a worrying time, if things dont go in your favour, then do let us know and we have lots of information and support about the appeal process.

Good luck!!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • sdoc94
    Thank you very much. I wish I had applied last year when I was told to do so. Never received any help and have been affected for about 4-5 years now. Praying all goes well. Assessment seemed great but wary of lies.

Will keep you posted.
    Shady.
  • mayfair
    mayfair Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Hi, I am from Northern Ireland and also waiting on a pip decision. Claim form was received on the 5th of February and was told on the 20th by Capita it is a paper based assessment, I am worried sick and the wait is driving me crazy 
  • sdoc94
    Do you mind if I ask your condition? I hear paper based are had to come by. I had my face to face 8 days ago so patiently waiting on my decision. It's very nerve wrecking.
    Shady.
  • mayfair
    mayfair Community member Posts: 39 Connected
    Hi sdoc94, it’s my sons claim he has mental health problems, I never asked for a paper based assessment or even a home assessment. I did send in a lot of medical evidence with the claim form. I hope all goes well for you please keep us updated on how you get on.
  • John74
    John74 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi sdoc 94 I have a face-to-face appointment at my house next week. I would like to ask you what i should expect is going to happen during the meeting? Thank you for your answer!
  • sdoc94
    Hi @John74

It was not as bad as they are made out to be. My assessor came in to my home and was greeted by my mother, she came into the livingroom and introduced herself with ID etc.

She then gave me a brief outline of what she was there to do (ask questions about my daily life and how I am affected)

She asked to see my medication and some ID (I had my driving license, birth certificate and a BT bill ready for her)

Then she asked quite a few questions relating to my PIP2 form, such as the troubles I face dressing and cooking etc. She was friendly and understanding as she offered some advice to help me out with these tasks (suggested different aids etc)

Then came the physical, she told me she knew I was in a lot of pain so I did not have to do the standing exercises. But she asked me to tilt my head down so my chin touched my chest, then a grip test asking me to squeeze her fingers.

Lastly she closed her laptop and gave some advice regarding my condition, a few things to think about.

I must note that on one occasion when leaving she reached out to shake my hand, but I could not lean over to shake hers so I held out my hand on my knee. I do believe she was trying to catch me out to see if I was exaggerating my pain,

All in all she was very pleasant I just hope she does not lie on her report.

Patiently waiting.

Thanks
    Shady.
  • sdoc94
    @John74

I must add - she did not look around the house, just the room I was in. I did catch her eyes scanning the room as if she was looking for something on one occasion. Are you based in Northern Ireland?
    Shady.
  • sdoc94
    @John74

How did it go?
    Shady.
  • Paul7210
    Paul7210 Community member Posts: 41 Courageous
    just seen this @sdoc94 i'm really sorry to hear about your condition, surely they'll award pip, keep us informed

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.