Pip evidence - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip evidence

2»

Comments

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    I'm sorry you're having to go through this. I am too. :/ Try to get more evidence, if you can. Do you have a therapist? Any other medical people? Ask them to write about how your conditions affect you, functionally .
  • alffy90
    alffy90 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    @Waylay,

hello. I have my sports therapist joining for for the F2F as she has been working on me for 4 years nearly. The head physio is giving me a letter regarding my treatment and my constant pain issues and I'm about to call them for evidence of all my sessions I've been having.
    i'm picking up a note from my GP tomorrow and I'm going to make an appointment to see a doctor and maybe the practice manager about their lack of cooperation. Bearing in mind I'm taking the word of both the DWP and my doctor who both said the evidence will be asked for to support my claim.
    28 years ago after the car crash, I was examined by 3 medical experts in regards to me getting compensation from the drivers car insurance. The report even stated that I would live another (from 21 years of age) 40 years so I would need DLA for lifetime.
  • Waylay
    Don't take the word of the DWP!
  • alffy90
    yes I've discovered not to take the word of both the DWP and the doctor I spoke to.

• Waylay
    Sad, isn't it?
  • alffy90
    Hi,
    had my f2f assessment today which on the surface I believe went very well, just have to wait and see. I showed him the pathetic two lined letter from my GP confirming I was indeed a paraplegic and he said it might be worth sending in as evidence. Now I also have up to date evidence from physio on treatment since I posted my PIP documents off, and also in depth evidence of my treatments prior to sending the PIP form. 
    I was wondering if i should send some of it, all of it or just wait until I get my final results and use it for my appeal should I lose any of my care money?
    Regards, Alffy.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You should send any relevant evidence as soon as possible, their is no benefit in holding anything back in case of appeal. You should submit your best case and may not need to go to tribunal.
    If you do have to appeal, the tribunal will look at all the evidence without the bias of the DWP. In some cases they  do like to see that all the evidence was available at the earliest time

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lisabrazil80
    lisabrazil80 Community member Posts: 94 Courageous
    I gave him a letter from my key work so I send a letter from my doctor and my prescription list as well
  • sdoc94
    sdoc94 Community member Posts: 140 Pioneering
    Unfortunately - my CAB and GP both told me not to send evidence as DWP (in my case DfC, Northern Ireland) would request the evidence. I've heard the opposite on here.

Anyway - had F2F 12 days ago so patiently waiting on a decision.
    Shady.
  • pjp
    pjp Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    dwp are not required to get medical evidence. i sent in 8 letters. all were ignored. dwp guidelines are to reject 80% of claims regardless of the disability. Result of failing Tory austerity measures.
  • pjp
    pjp Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    i would suggest all against the govt actions on disabled to sign any thing to put them under pressure. here is one

• brentus
    brentus Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    I've just sent in my appeal forms and still need to send in my GP's letter,i read somewhere not to send any further evidence in until i had received a case number from the tribunal,anybody heard this or know if its correct? Dwp never contacted my GP or requested my medical records,they said the responsibility for that was mine.So in a 20 min assessment all my medications and treatments were disregarded,everything i told them was not taken into account. My question for my MR was if an applicant has epilepsy for example,but doesnt have a fit in that assessment, do they then not have epilepsy?  Because thats the same as with me,they didnt address that question in their reply.???
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    brentus said:
    I've just sent in my appeal forms and still need to send in my GP's letter,i read somewhere not to send any further evidence in until i had received a case number from the tribunal,anybody heard this or know if its correct? Dwp never contacted my GP or requested my medical records,they said the responsibility for that was mine.So in a 20 min assessment all my medications and treatments were disregarded,everything i told them was not taken into account. My question for my MR was if an applicant has epilepsy for example,but doesnt have a fit in that assessment, do they then not have epilepsy?  Because thats the same as with me,they didnt address that question in their reply.???
    Any evidence you sent DWP to support your claim will be included in the bundle they send the Tribunal, so you don't need to send the Tribunal anything you've already sent. You will also get a copy of everything the DWP send them. Any new evidence should be sent to the Tribunal to arrive at least 10 days before the hearing, make sure you add your reference number to everything you send them. You will receive the reference number once they have accepted the Tribunal.

It can take several months or more for a hearing date, so you have plenty of time to send any extra. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • brentus
    brentus Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Thanks very much for your reply,i sent everything else with the appeal form,bar my GP letter,which i had to remind them to write. I do hope the £50 i had to pay the GP is worth it lol.Thanks again

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.