I won my PIP for mobility — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my PIP for mobility

JanL
JanL Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited February 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I won my PIP for mobility and they backdated it for 18 months it was at the standard rate as I had been waiting to go to Court for nearly 2 years and they tested me on the two years - the Judge was great very understanding but the Doctor was evil asking silly questions (he thought he was Judge Rinder) and told my partner to shut up.  He wanted to explain to me what he was saying as I could not remember some of the things.  They could not test me on now as the claim was 2 years ago so when the Judge said he was sorry but the next time I should get the higher rate.  Just go for it and don't worry and if you cannot remember just say you can't that is the best way to do it.  Any way good luck to all who are trying to get PIP and keep trying don't give up as that is what DWP are hoping for.  Thanks for listening Jan

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Im  so glad for you @JanL that is great news!!!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JanL and congratulations. Really glad to hear this.
    Best
    Richard
  • JanL
    Yes it took a long time to get was awarded it on 2/2/2018 but still yet to see any money waiting for at least £1500 back dated and not sure when it will arrive but it is needed as I don't have any transport and visits to docs and hosp cost some money by taxi so every little helps as I am a pensioner and need all I can get.  Thanks to all for congratualtions
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @JanL

Congratulations!  I received my PIP arrears three weeks after tribunal hearing.
  • JanL
    Thanks Matilda it will be with my next normal PIP payment then that's great
    Will let you all know how much and when and the drinks are on me then!
  • JanL
    Hi everyone - it is a big yippee my back payment went into my account on 22nd and it was more than what I though.  Just a note to everyone who is in the same situation as me go for it keep pushing and don't think 'I can't be bothered' it does work in the end.  I will have to apply again in March 2019 but my condition does not get better so lets see what happens next.  The amount was over £1500 which is a great help to me.  Thanks for listening to me Jan
  • maid08
    maid08 Community member Posts: 307 Pioneering
    well done now chill and enjoy

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.